Next Friends meeting: Autumn Fair planning, Wed 13th Sep 2017 at 7.30pm, School Community Room
Next Events: Mufti-day for Fair donations, Fri 15th Sep; Autumn Fair, Sat 23rd Sep, 11:30am to 4pm
For a full schedule of all social and fundraising events, find a printable copy in our event schedule 2016-17 or take a look at the school calendar pages.
How Can I Help?
The aim of the Friends is to raise money for the school which might be used to fund projects or buy specific equipment that might not otherwise be possible.
As a school we are in a great position in terms of the generosity of people in attending fundraising events, donating goods, spending money at the events and helping to organise these events. Long may that continue! The fund raising activities also provide a really good opportunity to have a good time.
Please also consider joining 'Easyfundraising'. When you’re shopping online, whether it’s for household goods, groceries, holidays, car insurance or even switching gas & electricity companies, many online retailers will donate a percentage of what you spend to the Friends of Clewer Green fundraising pot. It’s easy to sign up and it won’t cost you a thing – the retailers pay when you shop with them. Simply sign up at the following link and go shopping: http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/clewergreen.
Before we all break up for the summer holidays, we wanted to share some information about the Autumn Fair with you.
We know September can be hectic with all the back-to-school busyness and lots of information coming your way about various school events. Hopefully sharing this update now will help avoid us needing to send too many updates at the start of the school year.
What is the Autumn Fair? It is the biggest fund-raiser for the school and is organised by the Friends each year. Last year, almost £7000 was raised which contributed towards the new Ruth Miskin reading scheme and the Berkshire Maestros music tuition. In previous years, funds raised contributed towards the new play trail, the ICT suite, I-pads, amongst many other things. This year, we would like to be able to contribute towards external music tuition for all year groups throughout the school, new IT software for the children to use, and replacing the school’s maths resources in each classroom.
We really hope we can make the 2017 Autumn Fair another huge success so everyone has lots of fun whilst raising much needed funds for our school.
So, how can you help? Here are a few things you could do to support the event:
- Raffle prizes – do you, your friends, your family or your employers, have anything to donate as a raffle prize? The Autumn Fair raffle typically raises a third of the overall total of funds at the whole event and the reason we sell so many tickets is because of the amazing prizes that are donated each year. Prizes have included golf clubs, a go kart, football tickets, passes to the races, meal vouchers etc. Please email email@example.com if you are able to donate anything or if you’re able to help collect other donations.Please also be ready to sell raffle tickets which will be distributed in book bags at the start of term.
- Bric a brac – we’d be very grateful for any donations of toys, games, puzzles, soft toys, books, DVDs, children’s fancy dress clothing, jewellery, scooters, bikes etc. for the bric-a-brac stall and soft toy tombola. Please make sure they are in good, saleable condition. Details of when and where to bring donations will be sent out in September.
- Jam Jars – please be ready to bring in recycled glass jars filled with small, child-friendly items (e.g. bouncy balls, accessories, make up, art and craft, cars, stickers, Lego, trading cards, sweets or anything else you can think of). Three classes (one each from Reception, KS1 and KS2) will win a class prize of their choice for collecting the most jars. Details of when and where to bring donations will be sent out in September.
- Tombola donations - there will be a mufti-day on Friday 15 September and children will be asked to bring in chocolate (without nuts) and bottles for each of the tombola.
- Home-made produce – we’d be very grateful for any donations of cakes, cupcakes, biscuits, jams, pickles, home grown vegetables, plants, knitted products, homemade cards and crafts, etc. If these could be brought to school on Friday 22 September or on the morning of the Fair that would be much appreciated.
- Performers – are you or your children involved in a music, dance or theatre group and would be available to come and perform at the Autumn Fair? In previous years, we have had choirs, bands and Irish dancers perform, and these are always hugely popular with those who attend the Fair.
- Estate agent boards – if you would be willing to have an estate agent board outside your home to help us advertise the fair, please email Claire_cann@hotmail.co.uk with your name, address and phone number.
- Company fund-matching – many organisations offer fund-matching schemes and this is a great way for us to boost our funds. Please let us know if your employers would fund-match the takings of one of our stalls.
- Volunteer your time – if you have time to help in the run up to the Fair please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll also be sending out an online rota for the event and have copies of the rota available in the playground so you can sign up for slots that suit the time you have available.
Dates for the diary:
· Wednesday 6 September, 7.30pm – Autumn Fair planning meeting, Community Room – everyone very welcome
· Wednesday 13 September, 7.30pm – Autumn Fair final catch-up, Community Room – everyone very welcome
· Friday 15 September – Mufti-day – children to bring bottle and chocolate donations for the tombola
· Thursday 21 and Friday 22 September – Sorting days – anyone able to help with final preparations and the sorting of donations would be very welcome
· Saturday 23 September – Autumn Fair, 11.30am to 4pm
· Friday 29 September – post Autumn Fair drinks, Prince Albert – informal, social for everyone!
Many, many thanks in advance for all your support. Hopefully we can make the 2017 Autumn Fair a huge success.
The Friends of Clewer Green