Language is a life skill. Through the use of language, children explore, organise and make sense of their world. They also develop skills that will be essential in the adult world. Language learning is a process that continues throughout their lives. The aim of the English and Literacy programme is to enable the children, through an integrated programme of Speaking & Listening, Reading & Writing, to:
- read and write with confidence, fluency and understanding, using a range of independent strategies to selfmonitor and correct,
- have an interest in books and read for enjoyment,
- have an interest in words, their meanings and develop a growing vocabulary, which will enable them to communicate with a variety of audiences for a range of purposes in both spoken and written forms,
- understand a range of text types and genre,
- develop the powers of imagination, inventiveness and critical awareness
The aim of the Mathematics programme is to enable all children to enjoy and have positive attitudes towards the subject, achieve a high standard in numeracy and a range of other mathematical skills and apply these with confidence and understanding when solving problems.
The aim of the Science programme is to ensure that all pupils:
- develop scientific knowledge and conceptual understanding through the specific disciplines of biology, chemistry and physics,
- develop understanding of the nature, processes and methods of science through different types of science enquiries that help them to answer scientific questions about the world around them,
- are equipped with the scientific knowledge required to understand the uses and implications of science, today and for the future.
Relationships and Sex Education (RSE)
At Clewer Green, RSE is currently and will continue to be taught through Personal Social and Health Education (PSHE). Some biological aspects will also be covered within the compulsory Science National Curriculum. We currently teach PSHE using the JIGSAW scheme which is fully compliant with the statutory relationships and health education guidance.
Foundation Classes (Roman & Celt)
Key Stage 1 Classes
Year 1 Saxon & Angle
Year 2 Viking & Norman
Key Stage 2 Classes
Year 3 Tudor & Stuart/ Year 4 Victorian & Georgian
If you would like more information on the Curriculum please contact the school directly.