Who are the Friends
Friends of Clewer Green is the school's parents and teacher association. We are a registered charity and we run events throughout the school year to raise much needed money for the school and to create fun, social opportunities for children and their families.
In 2017/18, the money raised by Friends helped the school in the following areas:
- Music: External music tuition - specialist music lessons for each class.
- Maths: Maths mastery resources - textbooks and individual workbooks for each child in the school.
- Special Education Needs (SEN): Furniture and equipment for the new 'Launch pad' room, and specialist resources for speech and language, fine motor skills, phonics, numeracy, literacy and sensory aids.
- Playground equipment: Giant outdoor lego building blocks.
- IT: Microsoft 365 for all pupils and staff throughout the school.
- Drama: Travelling theatre company - a production for all classes during one day of creative week.
- Classroom resources: a fund for each class teacher. Examples of how the money has been spent include: USB digital microscopes for Angles and Stuarts: Lego creative set for Saxons: literacy resources for Normans, Georgians and Victorians: numeracy resources for Tudors: and photography equipment for Vikings.
- Year 4 Leavers Book: a year book for each Y4 child which records their five years at Clewer Green.
In addition, to providing financial support for school projects. The Friends made a donation to one charity: Windsor Homeless Project.
Thank you to all the parents and staff who support the various friends' activities this year- without everyones' support these events could not take place and importantly these resources for the children could not be funded.
How can you get involved?
All parents and carers are all automatically members of the Friends. Any ideas or time - however big or small- that parents and staff can give is hugely appreciated.
Everything makes a difference whether it is baking a cake for a cake sale, giving an hour of your time to man a stall at an event, being part of the organising team for an event, or coming up with a new idea for ways we can raise money.
Please contact any of the Committee Members or Class Reps listed below if you have any ideas or would like to get more involved in any of the Friends activities. You can also email the Committee on firstname.lastname@example.org
The Committee Member for 2018/19 are:
- Chair - Nerys Jones
- Secretary - Lou Feek
- Treasurer - Gemma Todd
- School Representative - Mr Tinsley
- Communications - Ali Ferrucci
- Events Coordinator - Roxy Holdstock
- Buyer - Katie Illiffe
The Class Reps for 2018/19 are:
- Romans - TBC
- Celts - TBC
- Angles - Sarah Tanner
- Saxons - Liz Lofts
- Vikings - Roxy Holdstock/Liz Lofts
- Normans - Gail Rees-Jones/Claire Cann
- Stuarts- Sarah Tanner
- Tudors- Kelly Underwood-Fone
- Georgians - Bev Cunningham
- Victorians - Caroline Pote
P.s A really easy way to support school is through online shopping! Read more about the easyfundraising initiative